Six Tenure-Track Positions
Hokkaido University invites applications for Six Tenure-Track positions at the Assistant Professor level, beginning in January, 2016. We seek accomplished young individuals who can enhance the research capabilities of the university and display extraordinary leadership as new generation of leaders.The tenure-track selection process evaluates not only research skills, but also comprehensive abilities as leaders (administration, motivation, planning skills, analytical skills and internationality).
- Doctoral degree awarded within the last 10 years, or an equivalent research career(Including equivalent degrees from overseas university such as a PhD)
- Under 40 years old at the deadline of this open call (*)
- Fluent in English and be able to give lectures and research guidance in English
- Able to start no later than March 1st 2016
*The Tenure-Track System Promotion Program”, funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), follows the project policy of MEXT
*Applications from overseas researchers are especially encouraged.
2. Research Field and Post
|Research Field No./Research Field||Host Department||Number of Posts available/Details|
|27-1/Research Center of Mathematics for Social Creativity/Laboratory of Experimental Mathmatics||Research Institute for Electronic Science||1 post/details 27-1|
|27-2/High functional materials, biomaterials, and fundamental science of soft matter related to life science||Faculty of Advanced Life Science||1 post/details 27-2|
|27-3/Mathematics,Mathematical Sciences||Faculty of Science||1 post/details 27-3|
|27-4/ Arctic environmental research and Arctic system study,Arctic policy, development of the Arctic,Arctic Navigation, agriculture, forestry, and fisheries industry in the Arctic||Arctic Research Center||3 posts/details 27-4|
3. Application Deadline
- August 4th Tue., 2015 (Japan time)
- The deadline must be strictly observed.
Applications by POSTAL MAIL are only accepted.
4. Applications must be submitted by postal mail only to
Office for Developing Future Research Leaders “L-Station”
Creative Research Institution, Hokkaido University
Kita 21 Nishi 10, Kita-ku, Sapporo 001-0021, JAPAN